Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Another new fan aboard!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Yellow Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hi everyone!
    Hi Terry!!

    I'm a new fan from about 2 months ago!!! And I'm already addicted!!! I read eveything in a week, starting from the first issue. And now I have to wait like everybody else to get my fix...

    ,,,every 6 weeks huh???... *sigh*

    I have one question!! There is a topic on this board about a movie casting... it seems you've started to talk about this a while ago and I can't track it down! Are there plans to make an actual movie or is it just people having fun at playing who could be who?

    Anyway!! I'm anxiously waiting for May 2nd and I'll plug #40 right in my veins as soon as I hold it!!!

    Yellow moon

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Anaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    welcome Yellow Moon!! (Ooohhhh! I'm so excited, I get to be the first to welcome the Newbie!!) There's Cookies and hot tamales in the break room!
    If you dig back into the Discussion Forums archive there's a thread telling about the movie thing. No, it's not Terry planning to sell his story off, it's a fan doing it for his own(and hopefully our) amusement. I haven't heard anything about it recently. But he did have a link to his webpage and pics.
    Anyhoo... we're glad you're here, we don't bite hardly at all. And buck up little camper, the next issue comes out next week!!! (let us all join hands and jump up and down and say EEEEeeeeeeeeeee!!!!)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *jumps up and down and screeches EEEEEEE!!!!!!*
    heheh
    hi! Welcome to the board Yellow Moon. smile She forgot to mention the oreos, but come on in and have a seat
    I can't find my links to the movie site, sorry. It got lost. Or got bored and wandered off. smile

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, Terry did say that he had started work on a script for SiP, due in part to his agent's prodding(ie-his agent thinks there is enough interest to makeit worth while)

    Also, G-14 productions has filmed an independant, unauthorized version of SiP, specifically, the 1st 3 issue mini series.
    It has not been completed(the filming is done, the editing is not) and it's final dispostion will likely rest in Terry's hands as the owner of the property(however, Terry praised Matt's gumption and has not said one single word about being unhappy they did it)

    But, as there is no deal, there is no cast, but that doesn't keep us from speculating(wildly in some cases! tongue)

    Darth

    ------------------
    'Faith. What a dirty monosyllable. Jill, why didn't you mention that one when you were teaching me the short words that musn't be used in polite company?'
    -Valentine Michael Smith, aka the Man from Mars- Stranger in a Strange Land

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, where would we be without Bran?

    *we'd be stuck here with oreos in our teeth, that's where.....*

    *crunchcrunchcrunch*
    *gulpgulpgulp*

    Welcome aboard Yellow Moon
    Don't say we didn't warn you wink

    Darth

    ------------------
    'Faith. What a dirty monosyllable. Jill, why didn't you mention that one when you were teaching me the short words that musn't be used in polite company?'
    -Valentine Michael Smith, aka the Man from Mars- Stranger in a Strange Land

  6. #6
    Inactive Member witchblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey yellow moon
    welcome to the insanity forum. have some oreos and coffee or tea(or whatever it is you drink) and chill out and enjoy the fun!
    anyway what else do you read? and what made you pick up SIP? anyway take care and keep reading SIP.

    THE WITCHBLADE wink

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Welcome. smile

    *hands out milk*

    ------------------
    The original ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Please click on that banner.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "For there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."-Shakespeare, Hamlet
    ChatterBox

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Yellow Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by witchblade:
    anyway what else do you read? and what made you pick up SIP?

    THE WITCHBLADE wink
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi Witchblade!!

    I have to say it's my boyfriend who made me read SIP. He was a FAN and I bought him Katchoo's bust for Christmas (not knowing who she was, of course!!) He kept telling me: It's Katchoo, it's Katchoo, but I figured she must have been a leather coat bitch with a motorcycle who saves the day or something like that. My boyfriend was able to make me read Bone before and I loved it (of course) and he kept saying I would love SIP... so I figured it was time I'd read it..... The rest is history... But now I want Katchoo's bust back... he won't let me have it... he says it's HIS cause I GAVE it to him for Christmas... well yeah!! But it didn't mean he could KEEP it!!! Anyway, I guess since we live together, it's mine as well!! hehe

    But other than SIP or Bone... I'm pretty new at all this... I've been reading for a year only! So i've read Leave it to Chance, Rose, Calvin and Hobbes, Some Spiderman, some superman and French stuff like Loisel' Peter Pan!!!... and I know some names from hearing about them everyday cause my boyfriend is an inker!! biggrin

    Thanks for asking!! rolleyes
    Yellow moon!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Drags's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2000
    Posts
    620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hiya! biggrin

    ------------------
    Scoribra-The sting of truth weighed on the scales of destiny.

    `~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

  10. #10
    Inactive Member flyonthewall's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hello yellow moon. question for you and others.
    i saw the latest ish of bone in the store and i wanted to get it but i read the first couple of pages and was a bit confused. you think that if i pick it up starting with the latest ish i will be able to figure it out, within reason? any background you all could give me that would catch me up?
    thanks,
    fly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •